*Qualified applicants must be US citizens with currently in K-12 School or College demonstrating need for a computer for school due to financial reasons. Must show proof of residency, current enrollment in either K-12 school or College, and income before a computer will be donated.
We are a Federally Registered IRS 501(c)(3) "True" Nonprofit - We take pride in not receiving any compensation for our time.
- As an Official Apple Business Partner, we are outraged by the US Government's call for Apple to release a "backdoor" iOS system, in light of the San Bernardino tragedy. It is a blatant violation of our privacy. But one question: why iOS? This outdated 1789 law could jeopardize our nation's entire privacy, as hacking iOS would set a legal precedent for future "backdoors" - OS X, Android, Windows 10 & Mobile, Linux would all be next. Read more here.
- Help us help others! We are very close to our $100k mark (in donations and labor) just three years in. See bottom of page for details.
- We're hiring new board members (seven currently) in the marketing & fundraising fields. Email a resume and cover letter to this email.
- RE: Fundraising - We acquired a number of estate pieces in a recent donation, and will be auctioning them off at $0.01 with no reserve. The founder of MPF has pitched in his personal Tag Heuer Carrera GMT WV2115 (MSRP: $3200) to kickstart the auctions. All proceeds will benefit our new plan below. Details, links, and images to be provided soon.
- As of January 8th, 2016, we have implemented a new option for higher level students (HS/College) whom need faster Macs. Instead of providing older laptops (e.g. Intel C2D, Core i3/i5 1st gen.) for free, the new subsidized plan will discount refurbished top-of-the-line Macbook Pros by up to 90%. Thus, students accepted to an MPF donation have two options: a free, but older Macbook/Pro, OR a subsidized ($200 or so) faster Macbook/Pro. 3-month warranty still applies, along with terms & conditions.
- Lastly, yet most importantly, we are ECSTATIC to announce our expansion of a 3rd MPF Branch by the end of 2016, following a generous endowment from an [anonymous] person. Location & details to be specified by July 2016.
It's hard labor to build Macs... Which is why we're announcing the "Charity within a Charity" Plan!*
*In light of the ongoing Apple/Foxconn "sweatshop" controversy, as of Sept. 2014, 25% of all donations received will be "re-donated" directly to underpaid Foxconn laborers overseas in China and families of Foxconn employees who have suffered under extremely low pay, 10+ hrs overtime, dire living conditions, etc. It only costs $6 (six dollars!) of labor to assemble an iPhone 6 from scratch...For more details visit here.